Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Power of the Oldest Child

Zak and Paige have been very "brother/sister - ly" lately. They've all of the sudden discovered they can have fun playing together. There's been lots of hugging, too. And while I thought that Paige was going to be the boss of all the siblings, Zak has discovered the advantage of being the oldest.

This afternoon, I gave Zak a few things to do - mostly cleaning up his toys and unpacking his bag from spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa. As I went about my business, I over heard him telling Paige where to put everything. He was taking things out of his bag, and then giving them to Paige who was then heading all over the house to his room, the laundry room, etc, delivering his stuff. I gave Zak a look and he said "She's just doing a favor for me, Mom". I decided to just let it be. She'll wise up one day. And then he'll be sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The simple fact that the chore was getting done, regardless of how, would be good enough for me most days! Bravo to Zak...he could be a millionare one day with that finesse. Most of us moms need to take a lesson on how to get help like that around the house.