Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This is my absolute least favorite holiday. So I started a new tradition. We had breakfast as an extended family including my mom, my brother and his wife, my grandma and my aunt and uncle. We feasted on homemade cinnamon rolls, egg casserole, fruit, and coffee and juice. And now everyone is off to buy GeeGee (my 89 year old grandma) a new TV and somehow I have scored being home by myself with the napping baby. Happy 4th of July!!
Aunt Linda and Uncle Lewis (when they pulled up, Zak said "Yea, Aunt Lewis is here")
Breakfast outside

Grandma Paula and Paige

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing pictures of your family. What a fun morning.

That picture of your mom and Paige is fantastic. Your mom is so pretty. Don't you just love seeing your kids adore your parents?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, really, you don't like the 4th??? Cause it is my FAVORITE holiday! I love it!

What a fun tradition you started! Looks like a fun morning.

Tricia said...

Looks like lots of fun with your fam.....and Mer is right, your mom is such a cutie patootie : )
Missing you over here in Gunnison. Lots of fun activities....slip and slide, bouncy house, kids parade down main street that they decorated their bikes for a rode in, Mitch and Mason' band played and fireworks tonight. I am back at the house with the kids and they are taking a nap.....they got up at 5:30 this morning!!!! Have a great evening!! Honestly......are you really ready for sweatshirts!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Karen,

Thanks! I was thinking, "My where did all those wrinkles come from."


Amy's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Took me a moment to figure out that I actually knew you!!!

My towels don't come out soft. But everything else is ok. I use an environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic fabric softener called "Simplicity" and it does a good job at not making the clothing come out so stiff. They aren't dryer perfect soft, but not so scratchy no one wants to wear them!! :)

Thanks for popping by!