Monday, July 21, 2008

Money

I talked Zak into playing with Rene' while I took a little nap. I told him I'd pay him $1. This got the response of how $1 would not buy a large toy, and how about $50? He's a dreamer. So I told him to never mind, I'd keep my dollar. He decided a dollar was better than nothing.

He's been getting his money out of his bank and counting the quarters by 4's. He talked his sister into counting her money. Of course she has more because she didn't buy a Super Soaker last week. This produced more tears. Then he tried to talk her into spending some of her money.

He's now begging me for more chores so he can earn .50 a day instead of .25. This is good. But I also have to come up with .50 a day.

I love it. Its such a good lesson in money management. Although I dread the tooth fairy. I'm afraid his won't be passing out enough to his liking.

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That's so funny.

Our tooth fairy usually leaves $1 per tooth, although she has been known to leave more from time to time. Once, my oldest had to have a tooth pulled and he wrote the tooth fairy a note asking for $5 since he had endured some pain and trauma in the pulling. She left that boy a $5 bill, and he was very happy the next morning.