Friday, July 25, 2008

The Mental Peptalk

I may be the only person who does this, and if so, just shake your head and say a prayer for me. But today is like the day of the mental pep talk. For some reason, things people have said to me, days or even weeks ago (and okay, really, one was like months ago), are bugging me. And I'm thinking of all these great things I wish I had the nerve to say, and of course never would. I'm thinking of how right I am and how insensitive they are, blah, blah, blah. Then I follow it up with how I need to just let it all go. This is a conversation I have had with myself about 5 times today, regarding different things/people. And all of the sudden it hit me - this actually might be dialogue of a spiritual nature. And if I chose to dissect it even more, I'd probably see some evidences of the gentle quiet nudge of The Holy Spirit.....not telling me to give them a call along with a piece of my mind, but the letting it go part. Nothing like a little conviction to start off the weekend.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

I hear ya! I am constantly having a spiritual battle in my mind. I constantly have to forgive people who hurt me long ago. It's ridiculous really. This book really helped me with that: "I know I should forgive but..." It's a great read and has very practical but biblical advice.