Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Will I EVER learn??????

I just don't get it. How I get myself into the predicament of being over committed is beyond me. I can't get a handle on it and its DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! This week my mind is just spinning and I'm going no where. My "to do" list is out of control......I mean out of control people. I know its a complete disservice to my family to be so totally busy and a few years ago I deemed life success with how many things I could be involved in. But today, I'm desperately searching for a way to get out of everything. Sit back and hold on because I'm going to take you for a ride on my train.

We'll just start with today. This is usually my "busy" day. I take the little ones to Mothers Day Out and Zak goes to work with me until time to go to preschool. I then go to school with Zak as I am volunteering in his class on Wednesday's (I do remember putting on my volunteer form that I could not work every Wed, but the girl who I'm trading off with just had a baby. Now I'm every Wed). I get dinner ready and then head off to Bible Study. That's normally how it works.
Today happened a little differently, Rene' is under the weather so I thought it best not to subject her to a plethora of new germs at MDO. Which means I can't go to work, nor can I volunteer in Zak's classroom. So I'm home trying to do a few things for work while Zak watches "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" in Spanish. Yes, that's his new thing, he wants to watch all of his videos on the Spanish setting. I'm bowing out of Bible study this evening, only because my in-laws (6 of them) are coming tomorrow. Wal Mart is a necessity today if we are to eat anything besides cereal. And I just might want to clean my house so as my company won't know what my house really looks like on any normal day. And there's that pirate cake I promised I'd make and oh yeah, a party needs to go with the pirate cake because that is why the in-laws are coming. But I sure can't do any of that tomorrow morning because they are making the cutest canvas craft at REST tomorrow at church. (REST is an oxymoron)

Have I worn you out yet? I'm dying for a nap today because I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN RENE' TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!

With that, I must sign off now.
Can you put my inability to say "no" on your prayer list??????

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Oh my dear friend....I will definitely pray for you. I am in your very shoes and have been praying for weeks now about what I should "cut" from my overly busy schedule. What I have found is that if I don't do it, God will make me do it (like through illness or something). I find I am going back to the basics ~ spending time with God each morning to receive my daily portion and ask what He wants me to do with my day. I hope you get some real rest today!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm sorry you feel such stress. Truly, I am. And I understand it completely, because I do that to myself too. I've said YES way too many times in my life, and am only now (I'm 37) learning to say no...and to mean it. And it's HARD.

So yes, I will pray for you--that all you must get done today will get done, and that you will be able focus on what is MOST important and let the other things go. And that you'll be able to enjoy some true rest today. Even if it is only 5 minutes!

Meredith