Friday, October 5, 2007

Braum Family Farm tour

It was the first full day with family in town and we headed to the Braum Family Farm and Plant to see how they make and package our milk, ice cream and yogurt. Here are a few pics and I'll leave you with a few facts.
  • 24-36 hours after a cow is milked, the milk is packaged and on the truck headed to your local Braum's store.
  • Braums milk has 50% more calcium than other brands of milk due to some patented process they do through a bunch of pipes. (I kindof missed this)
  • They rotate their flavors ever 4-6 days.
  • We saw a new flavor on the first day of production - fried ice cream. It should be in stores in a few days. We also saw them package Egg Nog and Butter Brickle ice cream.
  • They are building a beef herd now so they can sell their own beef too.

If you click on the pics, you can see them much larger.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!!! LOVE it! How fun, I would have never thought to do this on a family outing. I missed you and Rene last week. I missed kissing thost sweet baby knees. =( When she is not in my class I get sad...we only had three babies on Friday!! So it was easy but we kept saying "I miss Karly, she's easy, she should be here!" LOL Zack looks ADORABLE in that pic where he's looking over his shoulder. Aaaah, I just love your family LOL

Cristina said...

Sounds SO fun. Have some ice cream for us!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Braums farm! How fun. We love stopping at Braums on our way home to Arkansas...for burgers and milkshakes. YUM! And when we lived in Texas, we'd buy our milk from Braums every week. I'll just live vicariously through you I guess! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun. I took a group of kids when i was driving a bus. I asked the teacher if i could go in with them and they said yes. It was so cool.