Thursday, June 28, 2007

It Ain't Fiction, Just a Natural Fact

If you are anywhere close to my age, you are singing the next line of that song that my title comes from.

The door thing. Its something my husband's sister got him, because she knows him so well, that fits under the doorknob and goes all the way down to the floor so in case the intruder breaks through the 3 locks it takes to get in the door, the door won't open because of this door thing. (Wow, that was a run on sentence, sorry Mrs. McPhail) Anyway, if it were me, I would just lock one lock because that is all I think you would need to keep you safe at night. This is one of the many things that makes me and my husband opposites.

2nd example. In the morning, I want to open every blind so the brightness of the morning sun fills the house and my heart. Andy, needs every blind closed because he doesn't want anyone seeing him doing anything in our house. I love to drive by houses at night that have their blinds open with the lights on so I can see how they decorate or spend their evening. Andy can't believe these people don't have their blinds closed because the "intruders" know right where the TV is and can get it out much faster.

I'm a city girl, he's a country boy.
I could eat pizza every night for dinner, he couldn't.
I always want to have a party, he's looking for ways to get out of going to a party.
I can find a pair of jeans at the store in 10 minutes, have them purchased and be out of the store in 15, it takes him 5 trips to the same store, trying on the same pair of jeans each time to make a purchase.

All of this to say, how the heck did we get together? Then I look at him and think, man he's hot. I better lose some weight so he can have a hot wife so people don't say how did that girl get that hot guy? (Because I tend to make that assessment about random people).

I better go do Pilate's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl we were separated at birth. Well, except for the shopping thing. I tend to get lost in Target. I don't NEED all the time in there, I just WANT to be in there. LOL

Next week let's try and get together. Hopefully for some SUNSHINE...I will call you, but Gracie and Trinity LOVE those new spraygrounds and they're FREE!!!

Cristina said...

Ok - that is the funniest post you have written! Girl - you are such a good writer - I love it! Thanks for bringing sunshine to my day through your blog.
PS. I am jealous Kari can get together with you for a play date. We miss you guys!