Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WARNING: Rant ahead

I could have 3 things to rant about today, and I'm chosing the safest. So we're at the Omniplex. I hadn't been there in years and they seemed to have improved it. I was most excited about the fact that they had a nursing room. It was very pleasant. Lots of rockers, brightly colored, Perfect. So I head to the nursing room when its time. The sign on the outside said "Nursing room and changing station. Gentlemen, please announce yourselves before entering." I got in and the room is occupied by 2 women of a different nationality and their 2 children who aren't nursing, but playing. So I choose my rocker and being to feed the little one. As I am feeding her, not one, not 2, not 3 not 4 but 5 - yes 5 MEN come in to visit the 2 women of another nationality. They all plop themselves down in the rockers around me and speak in their native tounge. Now I am not a prejudice person. BUT COME ON PEOPLE - MEN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HANG OUT IN THE NURSING ROOM. I gave them dirty looks and they were probably talking about me, but I wouldn't know it because they were speaking another language. There was NO REASON for them to be in there - NONE. I don't think I've ever been so annoyed in my life. I should have complained, but figured it wouldn't help.

Okay, I'm done.

Lastly, when your going to gripe to your husband about your inlaws, don't leave the baby monitor on.

3 comments:

Cristina said...

OK - the nursing room story was funny - I'd feel the same. But my heart sank when I read the last line of your post. DO tell - what happened? Are you still on speaking terms?

Anonymous said...

Not sure what the Omniplex is, but I laughed out loud at work. I could somehow visuaize the entire thing. The last line was more funny than the story - you have to tell about this one! I beleive I too did this once?!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that too would have ticked me off--I don't know that I could've "restrained" from saying something to someone about it...but that last line CRACKED ME UP!!! I can only imagine...I am still laughing and I can hear Andy...."Now Amy..."