Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The List

Today's post is going to be a modification of an exercise my mother used to tell me to do. Writing a list of all the things I have to be thankful for. I used to cringe when she'd tell me that and refuse to do it. Then I'd find myself thinking of things throughout the day and it truely does lift your mood.

Well its been raining a lot here and my mood needs lifted so I'm going to make the list. This is strictly for my benefit today. An exercise of internal cleansing, if you will. Its going to be "20 things that bring me joy that don't cost money"

Here goes:

1. Praying all the way to Mother's Day out that there would be 2 "drop off" spots for the day in my kids classes - and there are.

2. Watching late night eposides of Frazier

3. Rene' smiling at me first thing in the morning as if to say, "I'm so excited to see you"

4. A spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips on top

5. A phone call from a friend

6. A hug from my husband

7. Worship music at church

8. A cup of coffee early in the am with my bible open

9. My kids saying "I love you, mom"

10. Things on sale at Hobby Lobby (okay, that one costs money)

11. Finding money in my pocket of my pants I forgot I put there. (to spend at Hobby Lobby)

12. Any Toby Mac song

13. Having $60 cash to spend at the grocery store and my bill comes to $59.98

14. Andy saying "Can your mom watch the kids so we can go out tonight?"

15. Fresh flowers

16. Southern Living Magazine

17. Rene' blowing bubbles

18. Knowing I have a house to live in and food to eat in my pantry

19. My old cat Montgomery sitting on my lap and purring.

20. Paige in pigtails.

Okay, there you have it. I want to challenge you to come up with your 20 things. And post at least one in the comments section to share with others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my friend who blogs so I can still know what is happening in her life even though she is miles away. I love you, girl!

Anonymous said...

Walking in my children's bedroom to see them both fast asleep at 8:30p.m. (how sweet they look)--and the DOUBLE BLESSING...walking back in at 8:30a.m. and they are still fast asleep...God is GOOD!

Gretta

Anonymous said...

I'll do 10 so that I don't take all your space!

1. Having good friends (like you!) to compare mommy notes with!

2. my freakin' awesome church!

3. Seeing Trinity pucker her lips for a kiss

4. Watching Gracie stomp in the rain in nothing but her swimsuit and rainboots

5. my upcoming trip to Colorado

6. We get paid on Friday

7. We have a roof over our heads that doesn't leak

8. We have two cars, that is such a blessing

9. We're all healthy

10. I'm ALIVE!!!

Cristina said...

I'm thankful knowing there are other moms out there going through the same thing....thanks for the post!