Monday, June 11, 2007

Its the little things......

So the in laws are here. Its going well. We had Paige's 2ND birthday party over the weekend. She was as overwhelmed as any 2 year old could be. It was like any other 2 year old birthday party - opening presents while her brother and 3 cousins helped, then being swooped off to have a cup cake shoved under her face with everyone hovering and singing to her, then having to share all those new toys with her cousins. It was great fun. I had everything coordinated in pink and brown down to our clothes (me and the girls that is.) My sister said it looked so "Martha Stewart" and that was of course the look I was going for so I was very pleased. I can't believe she's 2. This time last year at her 1 year party, I had just figured out that day I was pregnant with Rene' and was about in tears the entire time. Time sure flies. And just a FYI - if you are ever looking for some great cheap party favors for kids, pick up the sticky hands at your nearest party store. I spent a whopping $2.50 for 5 of them and they are still entertaining my kids (and the adults) today.

So today I had to run up to the church for a bit and it was awfully nice to just leave all the chaos and sit quietly in front of a computer screen. I was only gone an hour and when I got back I noticed Rene' was wearing something different than what I put her in. .... you know what that means. I silently thanked God for such great timing and went to see if my mother-in law needed any help with that laundry she had just finished folding.

N0w I'm off to Walmart by myself. (sighing with a smile)

I'm telling ya, its the little things..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo precious! I loved this post, I'm so glad you've started blogging. This way if I can't visit with you I can still keep up with you...fabulous!

Cristina said...

Isn't it amazing how a little trip to Walmart alone can bring blissful feelings?! I would love to see pics of the "Martha-like" girls in pink and brown. Sounds adorable! Is your printer still on the blitz?