Friday, June 15, 2007

On a Sentimental Journey

I'm a sentimental person, I think. Now not as much as my mother in law is, as she has kept much of my husband's childhood in the form of toys, paper, books, and written stories. I have no problem throwing things away if I haven't used it in awhile. But for some reason, I feel like I'm not being myself because I am so sentimental about Rene' these days. I know she's my last baby and it makes me want to hold her all the time and rock her and cuddle with her. I didn't enjoy my last pregnancy and I'm so ready to have my prepregnancy body back (if thats even remotely possible) so I don't want to acutally birth another baby. But I just find myself being so sad she's my last. I had poor Zak and Paige on such a schedule that I feel like I didn't hold them enough. I probably did as Zak is always wanting to "snuggle" and Paige always wants to be with her mama so they're not love deprived, but there is just something about holding that little tiny baby who looks up at you with those sweet big eyes and smiles.

Now Paige, she has been calling me "mom". Not "mommy", which is what a 2 year old should call her mother, but "MOM". I'm praying thats a phase. Because even though I don't really appreciate being awakened by her sweet little voice yelling through the monitor at 6:15 in the am - I prefer it to be yelling "mommy", not "mom".

And Zak, well all I have to do is look at him and I can't believe how big he's getting.

Its all making me so sad so I better quit talking about it. I'll come back and read this post when I'm having one of those days where I want to fast forward 5 years so they'll all be potty trained and can get their own snacks and drinks.

On another note, I changed the comments so you don't have to be a registered user to post one - just pick "other" and type your name and you should be able to post your comments.

No comments: