Monday, June 4, 2007

Expectations, and overcommittment

I am the queen of 2 things: Large expectations and largely overcommitting myself. Thankfully on Mothers Day, our pastor's wife gave a great little talk on how its okay to say "no" when you have small children. So I'm REALLY trying. I will be calling my pastor's wife today to tell her "no" to something she asked me to take on last week. Bet she didn't think that those she spoke to would be taking her advice on her. I was very proud of myself in saying "no" this week to being a small group leader for Vacation Bible School. So I am happy to report that I am refining myself in this area, and if you get a "no" from me when you need me for something, just know God told me to.

Now as for the expectations part - I had huge expectations of blogging at least every other day. As you can see, that is not happening. I have in my mind what my adoreable blog will look like in my head. My printer is still flashing "photo card in backwards". So don't quit reading, just because my layout is boring. I promise great things (we'll see if that is overcommittment).

So here's the top 5 highlights from the past few days of our lives:

5. The husband fell asleep in church on Sunday morning. Not just dozing off, but head hanging down, about to fall out of his chair sleeping. This is one of the reasons we usually attend on Saturday nights. But due to overcommittment - we had to bump church attendance to Sunday this week.

4. Our 2 nieces are in town and the kids are having a ball!

3. We scored 4 dinner engagements in a 5 day peroid so I didn't have to cook 4 nights in a row!!!! ( granted, we won't be having pizza for weeks as we had it 3 out of the 4 times)

2. I went an entire day without having to change my shirt. read: Rene' either didn't spit up on me or I actually had a burp cloth on my shoulder.

1. We attempted professional pictures of the kids this weekend and there was no crying and lots of smiles. Now I'll try not to go another year and a half without getting my kids professional pictures taken.

No comments: