Saturday, June 23, 2007

Summertime!

Summer isn't my favorite season. Fall is. But I am finding myself wanting to live out summertime commercials. My kids are in the back yard playing in the pool (kiddie pool of course) while I am sitting at the table (which has beautiful potted flowers sitting on it) on the porch watching them as I read the latest Southern Living magazine sipping my tall glass of iced tea with lemon slices and mint.

Here is actually how it ends up for me. Zak is outside of the kiddie pool in our yard that slopes so he has a shallow end and a deep end. He is carrying a cup back and forth from the pool to the sandbox where Paige sits, in her new pink and white polka dot swimsuit that is now brown and peach polkadot due to extended sitting in the mudhole he is creating much to her delight. I am stomping all the spiders that are running from the water and towards our house. My tea is watered down because I haven't sat a second at the table (with the charlie brown christmas tree looking pots of flowers)and there is no mint or lemon slices in it. Rene' is sitting in the house by the back door because we don't have any shade over our porch, spitting up or sucking her thumb. Paige begins to cry because Zak poured the water over her head and not in the hole and comes over to me and places her muddy hands all over the only clean shirt I have.

After about 15 minutes of "summer fun" I'm ready to call it good.

Thanks Kari for the Name alert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahem...names!

And yes, you're doing better than I am cause I refuse to let them go outside most days cause I'm just too exhausted LOL