Monday, July 2, 2007

I feel for you Noah

It is out of control. The rain has got to stop. I don't live in Seattle for a reason. ITS SO DEPRESSING!!!!

The crazy thing - there are frogs everywhere. While Andy was mowing the lawn between rains, there were baby frogs jumping for their lives. And we're not just talking about a few. We're talking like 50. As you can imagine, this provided much delight to Zak and Paige. Zak made a best friend, or like 5, because 4 of them died at the hands the kid. At one point, Andy said he had to tell him to quit playing with the little lifeless body. Zak had no idea the little frog was dead, he was having a ball. I was driving down the wet street the other night and the teenage frogs were out, because the frog posse was jumping down the street in unison.

On to another subject. I hate the 4th of July. Its like New Years Eve. I feel like I should be doing something glamorous and I never am. It will be hot, undoubtably muggy, and we'll be sitting around wondering if we should go to the town carnival or just stay home. I'm going to vote "no" on the carnival because I just know I will run into an ex boyfriend from high school and since I just had a baby 4 months ago I'm not quite in the shape I prefer to be in when I see someone who dumped me. Even if it was 15 years ago. We do have a BBQ to go to that evening so I shouldn't be so negative. That will be a nice end to a boring day.

And lastly, my latest addiction. Peanut Butter M&Ms. Andy picked some up at the store the other day and I can't let a bag of chocolate sit around a few days like he can. When he finally got to them he couldn't believe how many were gone. I said "And how many years have you been married to me? That should be a no brainer." After he polished off the rest of the bag he apologized. The are that good people. Go out and get yourself a bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my life was this entertaining! And I'm also glad I'm not a baby frog! -L. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's tooo funny about the frogs and Zak! We're feeling the same pressure over here. Guess we'll grill out and *try* to keep the kids up till 10 so they can watch fireworks?? Next year our families need to get together and have a 4th of July non party LOL