Thursday, July 26, 2007

My very first music review

Its 11:10 and I'm supposed to go to my mothers at 11:30 to pick up my children who spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa. But I just want to fit in one more thing that I can't normally do without children needing food, a referee, or a playmate.



I'm going to review the new Monk and Neagle CD that I got free in the mail - before its even released.

When I get a new CD I tend to wear it out. It just stays in my CD player in the minivan and when Paige is singing every last word, then I know its time to take a little break. So if you see us driving around town, singing together, we're jammin to Monk and Neagle "The Twenty-First Time". And you can expect nothing but raw honesty from me. Promise.

Track #1 - Beautiful You. Zak's professed new fav. He likes the music. Catchy chorus too.
Track #2 - The Twenty-First Time. This one is a little convicting. I like it, but its not the one that I'm going to be driving fast to.
Track #3 - Hallelujah, Jesus. Okay, I can't seem to play this on enough. I feel like I've been to church after I hear this one. Its one of those that ushers you into the presence of God. Or actually, Andy corrected me one day and said we are always in the presence of God, its just if we choose to acknowledge it, or relish in it. Anyway, this is probably my personal favorite.
Track # 4 - Stars Would Fall. This is a sweet love song I am assuming was written for their wives. Like it
Track # 5 - What Soldiers Do. Okay this one is sad. Its one of those sad songs about a dad going off to war. I have to admit, I skip this one. I'm one who's drawn to the happy songs.
Track # 6 - Yours Forever. I don't know about this one. For some reason it reminds me of a song we'd sing at Vacation Bible School or camp. Some may beg to differ, but I said I'd be honest.
Track #7 - More than That. This one is like my prayer ever single day. It hit right at the heart and I can sing it meaning every single word. My other favorite.
Track # 8 - Wonderful Angel. Again, brutal honesty. Its got a Jamaican feel. Another love song to their wives. When I'm looking for a love song - I don't tend to want a Caribbean feel.
Track #9 - Fallin. This is a good one. Its not one that I will jump to when I'm looking for a good song, but I'm not skipping it either.
Track # 10 - Into Orbit. Now this is the one I play when then sun is shining and its like 75 degrees (in my dreams) and I have my windows rolled down and I'm just happy to be alive, singing at the top of my lungs. Its a fun one. Again, I think it was written with their wives in mind.
Track # 11 - What Soldiers Do (The Remix). I echo the review above on this song. I'm usually skipping it.

So there you have it. My official, unofficial review of the new Monk and Neagle CD, song by song. You preorder it at the earlier link or get it in stores September 18, 2007.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Wow ~ Great review! I can tell you are a BIG fan. Are you getting paid for this promotion? I love Beautiful You~

Anonymous said...

sweet, can I borrow it? After you've had your fill, of course? I put in Toby Mac the other day and fell in love all over again...