Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July hangover

Yep. That's what my kids have. A 4Th of July hangover. Not because they drank an alcoholic beverage, but because they played harder than I've seen them play in awhile. And it just wouldn't be a holiday if one of them didn't have a fever. The lucky one was Paige.

The day started as I lovingly made my family pancakes for breakfast. Zak doesn't associate pancakes as a breakfast food. He thinks they're for dinner so he was really surprised. I then packed up some snacks and drinks and sent Andy with the 2 oldest to the parade. I don't know how I worked it but he just took the snacks, kids, and chairs and went without a complaint. That gave me 3 HOURS to myself. It was bliss. I made a salad and homemade ice cream - I just felt so "American".

So of course when we reach the BBQ I notice Paige's eyes are really red. When she is coming down with something her eyes get red. Its a nice tip off. But the only 4Th of July event of the day for me and I have a sick one. Thankfully, my friend passed some Tylenol my way and she was good to go for 3 hours. I took the girls home early while the guys stayed for the fireworks. She of course woke up on fire and I can only hope my friends don't take me off the list for possibly infecting 8 other children. But the good news is the fever was gone by lunch and all I had left to deal with were the cranks. And my way of dealing with those is simple. Nap time.

So there is a completely uneventful post for my less than favorite holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Paige!! I'm glad the kids had a good time though. We went out to see the fireworks and were out till 11 ish, came home and took showers. Trinity and Gracie both woke up at 7. Gah! Don't I ever get a freakin' break?? LOL