Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some issues in our house that need attention

This is a post to make everyone feel really good about their family and their house. Or it just displays how utterly lacking we are.

  1. Rene' turns her light on after we put her to bed and is seen reading a book. We could rearrange the whole room to move her bed away from the light switch, but its pretty funny - and she turns it off when she's finished. She is so the 3rd child.
  2. Rene' getting into the pantry and eating all the food is an issue. All it would require is a childproof something or other, but we seem to keep forgetting to pick it up at the store.
  3. Our washing machine is broken. Our dryer vent that is inside the wall is broken. We are going to be getting a new "free" washing machine (thank you Lord) but the catch is it is coming from Colorado and won't be here until October.
  4. The desk area in my room - where I work - an utter mess. I can't get it to look clean or organized and its DRIVING ME CRAZY! I just want to build on an office.
  5. Paint. That is what I am asking for, for my birthday. This house needs some paint on the walls.
  6. I just need a personal trainer, then I can get skinny.
  7. I'm going to have to start working at the library in order to pay my fines.
  8. The computer - I will now be starting the timer when I get on, and getting off the computer when the timer goes off. I do this with my 5 year old. And I have to do it with myself. Sigh.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Right back at 'ya.
We've all got a different set of details but life with kids.....ain't it grand? My living room and both the girls' rooms look like a toy store exploded in them. I just have to say that those Fisher Price 'Little People' toys sure are little. I sat on one the other day.....and pulled it out from under me to see this poor little plastic face staring up at me. I'm sure she was more shocked than I was!
Oh, well, you gotta love parenthood.

Unknown said...

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times to you Amy!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD ALREADY!


I could have written this, except for the whole washing machine issue. We had the same problem with Jack and pantry AND the fridge. He has mastered the babyproof doorknob thingy already and I resorted to blue painters tape on the fridge door. So pretty.

Amber Elder said...

Crack me up! I think I could have almost written that. Do you know that I am using a book that I borrowed from the library about a year ago for church? I mean, I'm on the edge of stealing it and using it for church. Not a good thing. :)

Cristina said...

Listen, right now it's a good day around here if I can't see food on the floor. :)

Carrie Diddle said...

So funny! I love this...it sounds like my house! Cracks me up about turning the light on and off. I am enjoying your blog! :) Miss ya.