Monday, September 22, 2008

Family Night

Tonight is family night. We just instituted this in our family since my mom retired. Every Monday night we rotate houses and get together for a large extended family meal. We get to all connect every week and of course 2 people get the night off from cooking the main dish. Some things we've done at our family nights are a game of freeze tag in the yard (some of the adults had to be convinced), playing the Wii (thanks to Aunt Lana and Uncle Chris), and of course reliving old times. If you have family that live in the city and find it hard to get together, I would encourage you to have yourself a weekly family night.

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!

We sometimes play freeze tag, and I'm telling you...that is some great exercise! So is the Wii for that matter!

Have fun tonight.

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

LOVE Family Nite! We have it every Tuesday night at my mom's and we always do something fun...last week it was a word scramble scavenger hunt...where does my mom get these crazy ideas!! I'm glad you guys have one too!!