Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Am I really not 18 anymore?

I went to the mall for the first time in a few months. Its pitiful, really. I forgot how much I loved the mall. And I should have just walked around and enjoyed being there instead of actually shopping for clothes. Having a post children body, 3 times over, is just not a very encouraging thing. I seem to remember the glory days when I could try on anything and it looked good on me so all I had to do was decide what I liked best. Those were the days. Its not like I can't get that body back. I'm pretty sure I can. Its finding the time, motivation, and will power to quit making cookies when my kids ask. Now that Rene' is 18 months and I'm sure I'm done birthing children, I will be giving myself a pep talk. Its time I didn't just quit because something doesn't come easy to me. A little hard work never hurt anyone. So self, gear up, baby. Its time to crack the whip. (she says as she pops 3 peanut m&ms in her mouth)

2 comments:

Amber Elder said...

I am with you. A trip to the mall trying on clothes is not the experience it quite used to be. In fact, on that subject, I have just squeezed into a pre-Audree shirt that I have absolutely no business being in!!!!! :)

Tricia said...

You go girl (as I just ate a brownie that I made for Matthew's birthday) : )