Friday, September 12, 2008

My mom gave me the pleasure of an afternoon to myself. So I of course spent half of it at Target. Now, some people have their Dr. Pepper they have every day, or their coffee (that's me), or some other guilty pleasure. My new one, is premium soda. Specifically Hansen's Pomegranite Green Tea soda.
I have only found this at Target. And you get a whopping 4 cans for $3.29. I stood in front of this for at least 5 minutes at the store, debating on whether or not to get it. On a budget like ours, Hansen's soda has no place. But I talked myself into it stating that it was less than a dollar a can. And some people have a cup of Starbucks everyday for $4. I took my prized soda home, with the intention of kicking back and watching a little Guiding Light and quenching my thirst. I grabbed my can and began to place it on the counter when it slipped out of my hand. For those who have never experienced contents under pressure, this is what it did. It fell to the floor, leaving a gaping hole, and began to spew and spin in a 36o degrees circle. That meant, I had Green Tea soda all over every inch of my kitchen. This is not an exaggeration. It was literally on the walls, dishwasher, windows, microwave, cabinets, cookbooks, basically anything that was sitting out. Once it stopped, I realized not only, did I just lose one of 4 sodas, they were now, over a dollar a piece, and the rest of my afternoon was going to include moping. Not what I had planned. I tried to get away with just wiping it up off the floor with a wet rag, hoping our feet wouldn't stick. No such luck. And that, my friends, was my Friday afternoon.

5 comments:

Dorynda said...

well i haven't read them all yet but so far i'm thoroughly amused! sorry your friday afternoon was spent cleaning....you'll love mine. i'm gonna blog about it soon. anyhoo, i'm gonna spend some time reading all your stuff...i might be here a while! ha!

Unknown said...

Wow, wasted diapers and now this. I think you should stop leaving your house. See? Problem solved.

Hi Dorynda!

Amber Elder said...

Okay seriously that stinks!

Carrie Diddle said...

Okay..you are too cute! I love your blog...it is so funny and great...love reading every bit of it... It makes me miss you so much. :) Your little 18 month old reminds me of Chloe with the snack all over the floor. It is WAY more funny when the mess happens to someone else. :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars, that sounds like something that I would do...except I might have just ran to bed and pulled the covers over my head and called it a day.....yeah, right! I hope your next can of indulgence goes much better (maybe you should open it outside just to be safe!) =)
Gretta