Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Whew!

My sister isn't even staying at my house and I am completely pooped. The past few days have been full of lots of playing, grandma's retirement party, grandma's retirement dinner, some work, and lots of playing. Rene' finally kicked the stomach virus and so we joined in all the fun. Now my poor sister was supposed to move on to Texas today, but their van broke down. Good thing their brother-in-law is an auto technician and figured out the problem. (That's my very talented husband). But the bad news is their part won't be in until the morning, so we got a bonus night with them. Although I had a couple of meetings and didn't get to spend the bonus night with them, but the kids played until they fought....time to go to bed kids! They brought a new game called "Blokus" and I am slightly addicted. There are only a select few in my family who love to play games like I do, so today I was even roping in my nephew and niece to play with me because none of the adults would. That's on the "I've got to buy" list. Tomorrow I'll have to deprogram my kids for constant stimulation. That's always a ball. But it is worth it. I've been up since 5:30 since today was my walmart morning so I'm turning in.

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You're a girl after my own heart. I LOVE Blokus. It is so fun. Hint...you can play online against the computer...just be prepared to lose. The computer is so much stinkin' smarter (and faster) than me.

Glad you enjoyed your company! Aren't sisters the best??

Cristina said...

Glad everyone is finally well and that you got to enjoy your company! I've been buying new games for Emma and I to play since I've been so sick. I haven't heard of this one but will have to check it out. Did you makea decision about all the job offers?!