Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday fun at the professional photographer

I just have to say, once again. I love going to church on Saturday night. That freed us to have a nice early appointment. We haven't had professional family portraits since Zak was one so it was time. I just want to throw this one out there. Do the people taking the pictures not understand that if I make an appointment for 9:30 its because the baby's nap is around 10 and there is a little window we need to catch? Therefore, we need to not wait 30 minutes. And one note about this place. There are couches just in front of the room so the people who are next, are sitting there staring at you while you take your pictures. Now, Andy has never been to a photo session with the children. I should have briefed him. For those who don't know Andy personally, he doesn't do well in high stress situations. And taking pictures of 3 children 5 and under can be a high stress situation. And once again, I'm not going to give you the play by play, but the highlights. Zak continually kissing Rene', which is sweet, but we weren't looking for action shots. Paige, running over to Rene' when it was her individual shot and giving her a nice slap on the face. Rene' running all over the place, all the time. And when she did sit, it was to suck her thumb. And the grand finale was trying to get that last family picture and the photographer trying to get Paige to laugh, instead she fell off the block she was standing on which produced loud wailing. (don't forget there are couches of people sitting and watching us.) With that Andy proclaimed "We are done. That's it. I can't take anymore." And that was our hour and a half at the professional photographers. I tried to add a few samples, but I can't get the images to rotate correctly so you'll just have to envision it all in your mind until I can get it it scanned in.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I took Jack for pictures on Friday. I'm still recovering.

My condolences to you for attempting the entire family.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I feel your pain.

The only time I've ever yelled at my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law was during a family photography session. I was the only one with a baby, and they didn't quite get the whole breastfeeding thing. The details aren't important...just know it wasn't pretty. At all.

We actually had our photos taken last year about this time, and it was painless. You can look forward to that one day!

Anonymous said...

This story reminds me of a little two year old girl many years ago at a photo shoot.

It was the photographer who was loosing it by the end.

Hmmmmmmm, Payback?

Mom

Tricia said...

That is the exact reason I have yet to have a professional pic taken of the entire family....!! I can't wait to see the pics and hang one on my mantle : )

A.C.A. said...

I'm still laughing about Andy and wondering how you have shielded him from this process for so long?