Saturday, April 26, 2008

God bless the single parents

Because I was one for the last 3 days. Andy had training in Dallas and left Wed and got home late Friday. I won't lie. I was dreading it. Then my mind went to my sister whose husband was deployed to Iraq for a whole lot longer than 3 days and I told myself, "Suck it up, Amy. You don't want to be a Wuss." So I began planning lots of activities we could do. Both at home and elsewhere. And really, it wasn't so bad once I geared up for it. The worst part was after the Arts Festival downtown. Giving 3 baths to tired, cranky, sugarcrashing kids isn't my idea of fun. My meals turned to kid friendly favorites and I had 3 hours to myself in the evening. But don't think I wasn't overjoyed when my husband came through the door. And now I appreciate him more.

No comments: