Sunday, April 20, 2008

Drop in Company

On Friday of last week I got a phone call in the afternoon that a friend we hadn't seen in over 2 years was in town and had a couple of hours before his flight left and wanted to drop by. After glancing around my house in horror, I told him I couldn't promise him a clean house. And he said "Now Diane would be worrying about that too, but lets just get past it right now, and enjoy visiting.". I thought that was rather profound. So I did get over it and we had the best visit with him. We didn't tell Andy he was here so Andy just walked in the door and saw him. It was a great surprise. And I can't tell you how great of a visit it was. So my new resolution is to get past the fact that my house will rarely look perfect, and start having people over!

2 comments:

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

You go girl! I am with you on the messy house thing. I only have one and I worry about that!

Cristina said...

What a fun visit! I know who you're talking about because he called for your number! I hope we can be your next drop-in guests in May but I'm not sure I will be able to make it to graduation yet. Let's pray so!