Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Retirement......Grandma's in for it

I had like 50 errands to run today. And well, with 3 kids, I just don't even need to explain how much fun that is. Then I had a stroke of genius. My mom, who is a school teacher is on Spring Break. I'm pretty sure she has nothing better to do that to ride around in my car for 3 hours and stay there when one or three children are sleeping so I can run into a store in a flash and leave them sleeping peacefully.

Grandma retires this year. I really do try not to bug her on her days off and see if she'll take one or all of my children so I can refill my empty tank. (we're not talking the gas tank on my van, people). I'm going to try to live my normal life without a helper and let her enjoy her retirement. My sister makes fun of me. Anytime she can't get me or our mom on the phone, she calls the other and leaves a message usually like "Aim, are you at mom's again????" Or "Mom, I know your not home because your probably at Amy's." Really, I know she's jealous she can't have her watch her 3 kids when she's 2000 miles away. What would we do without our moms? As my mom put it while I am loading my kids into the van to go home, my very cranky kids mind you: "When your grandma, you just send them home". Being grandma is the furthest thing from my mind. But before I drove off, my grandma, the kids call GeeGee, reminded me that it comes faster than you think. So as I drove home, I thanked God for my 3 kids, one who was fussing and 2 who were fighting. They'll be big someday and I'll be sad.

But how sad am I going to be, really, when I can get a full nights sleep and run to the store by myself? Good thing I've got a long time before I find out just how sad I'll be.

4 comments:

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

I hope that you guys are doing well. It is good to see you blogging again! I missed it for the past week! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I hate to tell you but I don't know that the full night of sleeps comes as soon as we think. My mom had 6 kiddos and still doesn't get a full night of sleep. She hears sirens and wakes thinking that something bad has happened. Ok, so maybe she's a worry wart. Aren't I encouraging. We will always be moms - no matter what. God knew that we would take the long haul of it and that's why we are called moms! I hope your Easter is uneventful and wonderful. It's suppose to snow here - ick!
Paula

Kelly said...

This is a test.

Kelly

A.C.A. said...

Aim, The kids are probably at Mom's right now while you wrote this!

Your loving sister.