Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Guess I forgot mall manners

Zak had plans to go play at a friends house after school so it was just me and the girls. I hadn't been to the mall in like a year, so I decided to take the girls in the double stroller and have nap time in the car. I remember now why I haven't been to the mall in over a year. We started it all off at the pretzel place because full bellies means happy children. That lasted almost through the first store. In that store, while I was at the check out counter, I turned around to find Paige not in the stroller but digging in some lady's Dillards sack with her greasy pretzel hands. I didn't stay to find out if there were grease stains on whatever was in the lady with the leopard fur top's bag. Store #2 had Paige crashing the double stroller into many clothing racks and giggling like I've never heard her before. The third and final store - the one actually in my price range was Payless Shoes. And it proved to be the most exciting store by far. The next three things happened simultaneously. I am trying on a shoe, Paige conks her head on the metal stroller's side which produces loud wailing, and Rene' pulls down 4 shoe boxes off the rack while sitting in her stroller seat with what used to resemble a pretzel in her hand. Had I know the entire store would be watching what I did next, I would have chosen not to wear my jeans with the hole in the knee.

No comments: