Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I want to run away from 2

Yesterday was attack of the 2 year old. I have this 2 year old who gets under my skin like no other. She has these great qualities like: she can sing really well, she is very funny, she has a smile and a giggle that will make you feel warm inside. And then she has these other qualities: a very high pitched squeal/scream that ensues when she doesn't get her way, the tears flow 8 out of the 12 hours she's awake, and she is very picky about what she wears these days. I don't know what it was, but yesterday, after enduring the 100th scream and tantrum of the day, I called in reinforcements. And I left. For 3 hours. I basically wandered aimlessly around the north side of the city, moving from store to store. With only a purchase of 2 pillows at $4.98. I reluctantly came home, but by then, it was Andy who needed the break - after only 3 hours. I have a feeling that it is going to take me a lifetime to learn what God wants to teach me through mothering her. And of course its things I'm really lacking in like patience, a gentle spirit, and patience. I'm up for the task, well, really I don't have a choice. I wouldn't trade her for the world though. And today is a new day. Its going much smoother. She's at Mother's Day Out.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to run away from two also. And three. And on most days, four as well.

Tricia said...

She does have the sweetest little smile though!! hang in there....I think as long as I can call and vent to you I can make it thru those days!! I have an open ear whenever you need it too!! : )
Thank the lord for our moms!!!

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

I am right there with you!! I can't stand the whining and bossyness! You're right...PATIENCE! I can't ever seem to find enough of it! Paige is too cute and will only outgrown this...not soon enough?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I've SO been there. It feels like I have one child who just knows how to push my buttons more than the others...

Hang in there! I'll say a prayer for ya!

Cristina said...

What an angel face! We deal with our share of whining but I taught Emma Phil. 2:13 "Do everything without arguing or complaining." And since whining is a form of complaining, spankings ensue. It's effective! Biblical discipline at its best!