Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Silence is Golden

I'm sitting here, at 10:00pm in a house that isn't mine - in complete silence. It is a sound I usually only hear when I'm sleeping, and of course I don't remember it. I'm out of town for a few days visiting my brother. Its just me and Rene', 3 hours away from our usually moderately fast paced life.
My brother has a great house.They've always got yummy treats in their pantry, big TVs to watch all the cable shows I don't ever get to watch - we even got in a game of Scrabble this evening. My brother and his wife, the skymom, go to bed so early. We're talking 9. 9:30 at the latest. I think I need to take home this tip. I'm not used to bedding down til about 10:30. So I'm wide awake. It was hard for me to turn off the big TV that has every cable channel I could ever want to watch. But I did. The desire for complete silence outweighed the desire to watch the Food network all night.
Slowing down is so rejuvinating and so necessary. And going to someone else's house for some reason forces you to do it. And after the week I had last week, I am in desperate need of rejuvination.
So the coffee talk will be quiet this week. I'm going to do as little as possible for the next few days. Rest assured, I'll be back.

3 comments:

Cristina said...

Enjoy your mini vacation! Are you just visiting for fun or is there a special occasion? Have fun!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Good for you! Glad you could get away for a few days.

And I love your new blog look! Very nice.

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

we will miss you at REST AGAIN! But do have fun and relax! See ya soon...I too love the new look!