Friday, February 1, 2008

I think I'll be 80

when I learn to not overcommit myself.

January 31st is a big day for accountants. Right there behind April 15th. Since I'm the church bookeeper, it is my duty to get out everyone's giving statements by January 31st so they can use them to prepare their taxes. Its not a small job. And I had 400 to print, stuff, and label. But my dear husband helped me out one evening and between the 2 of us it only took 2 1/2 hours. It felt good to be done.......Until the emails began to come that they were wrong. I always expect a few of those calls. But there were more than usual. And I began to see the common thread and my stomach became sick. I had made a big mistake. And now, I have to redo them.

This all happened after I had told my hairstylist's husband that it would be no problem for me to get his 1099s out for his company - also due January 31st.

Oh yeah, and the church has 1099s and W-2s to be out by the 31st as well.

And I had a BUNCO game planned for my house Monday night and I sure wasn't going to cancel that.

I've been burning the midnight oil, and have left Andy to give the goodnight kisses all week.

And I am not done, and it is February 1st.

And lets top all that off with a week long visit from the in-laws to begin Sunday.

I will not be writing a self help book on how to do everything you want to and be a pleasant person to be around.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bow in awe of you, SuperWoman. May the force be with you.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hang in there...

And maybe your in-laws will babysit so you can go on a date with your husband. That always makes things better for me!

Cristina said...

I like the previous comment: May the force be with you. Maybe you should go see the chick flick "27 Dresses." I went and saw it today and she learns to say "no." :) It was cute!