Monday, February 18, 2008

A secret

You might be slightly disappointed when I reveal this secret, because its not all that juicy. But it will make your life slightly easier. I drug myself out of bed at 5:45am to head to Walmart to do my grocery shopping for the week. Now, I can't seem to drag myself out of bed at 5:45 to exercise or read my Bible, but the lure of a virtually quiet trip to walmart is what did the trick. I had my coffee set to go off and be ready for me to pour a to go cup and off I went. And I'll say, its so worth it. Now if you don't like dodging all the night stockers finishing up their job, this probably isn't for you. But I'd much rather dodge boxes than other shoppers. I was the only one buying groceries. It was great. Not only did I finish in 35 minutes, but I actually enjoyed my alone time. When I got home, the house was still asleep. I do believe I'll be adding this to my weekly routine. Alright, the secrets out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, interesting idea. I might give it a whirl.

Tricia said...

Your too funny!

Cristina said...

You're my hero for getting up that early to do anything! I argue with myself about going to the bathroom that early in the morning! You ROCK!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Not even the appeal of shopping by myself in an almost empty Walmart could get me out of bed at 5:45. I am lazy and unashamed. :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome and so true! The night owl in me likes to go around 11:00 p.m. but the results are the same--except I leave out the coffee so I can actually get some zzzz's when I get home!
p.s.
I have to be anonymous cuz I can't get into my blog because I forgot my password--which is crazy 'cuz I use the same one for everything...what in the world?!?!

Kelly said...

This has nothing to do with Wal-Mart but with your music on the website......I'm tempted to leave your site open on the computer just so I can hear the music play. You've got a great sampling! So where are you linked to? If that's the right word or are you changing it periodically? Carrie Underwood is crooning right now....."Wasted", I believe is the song name.
Anyway, share this "secret" when you get the chance! ;0)