Thursday, February 21, 2008

freezing drizzle and smoothies

Its a cold, grey day outside. And it was snacktime. I was about to dole out the crackers out of sheer laziness when I remembered my committment I made to myself the other day - to stop being lazy. My kids are harboring fevers so I broke out the deceptive smoothie. In this smoothie was your usual, OJ, ice, frozen berries, bananas and honey and yogurt. But I added some things to ramp up the nutrition. Included were 2 leaves of Kale ( Traci, I know your proud), wheat germ, and an avacado. So you can see for yourselves, my kids were sucking it down, very happy with their smoothies, and I'm happy that I got in some fiber, vitamin A and C, and some good fat.

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You go girl! I hope you guys are feeling better soon. I think we're on the upside of the fever at my house. So happy about that!

Tricia said...

You go girl!!! What a good momma you are!!

Unknown said...

Seriously. I am so impressed. Avacado? Kale? WHEAT GERM?

I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!