Monday, November 19, 2007

Where Santa and baby Jesus hang out

I am out of control excited. This is the big week that I live for every year. The trimming of the tree, home, etc for Christmas. For me, this is all about how many traditions can we start and how many memories can we make. When my kids look back on Christmas I want them to relive every magical moment from cutting down our tree to camping out under the tree, to the Christmas story being read on Christmas Eve in pajamas with hot chocolate. With my children getting older, its getting more fun. Last year, my evening of Christmas tree decorating and appetizers didn't quite go over like I had planned. No one liked the appetizers I spent all day making. But the trip to the local Christmas tree farm was a hit. We're keeping that tradition. It includes a saw, hot chocolate, a ride in the back of a truck to the field, and the children running up and down rows of Christmas trees just begging us to "pick them". Last year I scored real boughs of greenery at Sams to hang around the door and on the mantle. This year, I'm doubling it - every room is going to have the smell of pine and the look of Christmas. And you all are so lucky, because I'm going to share it all with you from pictures to tips to recipes. I'll probably have to revamp the appearance of the blog in order to give homage to the season. You best check back often because this is going to be a busy place.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Can' wait for the tips and pics!!

Cristina said...

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! I am so about making holiday traditions so I'm excited to hear about what you do.