Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey happenings

We had a great Thanksgiving. Great food, great leftovers. Nothing too uneventful. I did venture out on black Friday at o'dark thirty. My mom was gracious enough to not let me go it alone. Last year it was my sis-in-law Lana in Dallas. I may have to recruit someone new every year, but I'm prepared to do that. As for this year, I had a plan. I mapped it out. I had to be back by 7am because Andy had to leave for work but that left me with 2 good hours. I brought the coffee and mom brought the breakfast bars and we were off at 4:30. I hit walmart first, where it was just as crazy as I thought it would be. People grabbing toys, no room to walk. I did score what I went for so it was worth it. Next it was to Sam's where it wasn't near as busy and they had this HUGE continental breakfast set up with fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. Since I was on a mission, I only grabbed a bottle of water. But next year, that's the first stop. Target was going to be my last stop, and what I really wanted there was a digital camera for $89. But my poor planning had us in line after about person # 506. Needless to say - the cameras were gone by the time I got there, but I did get everything else. The entertainment there were the people getting a little hostile about the line cutters. We heard some not so Christian exchanges. I'm probably 66% done with my Christmas shopping so it was worth it to me. I, of course, love the thrill of getting up early and running with the masses. But I will never attempt the mall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot BELIEVE you went to Wal Mart on BF!!! LOL You are insane!!

Cristina said...

You're so brave! Good for you! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. BTW ~ secret angel swap is like a secret sister with someone you haven't met online. If I come across another one, I will let you know. It was fun!