Friday, November 9, 2007

The Wax

Andy's 10 year college reunion is this weekend. He ever so gently asked me to go get an eyebrow and lip wax. I was happy to oblige. So I hit my local Beauty Brands store. The thing with Beauty Brands is that you tend to get a different person every time, unless you find someone you like - but then if your like me and call the day of for an appointment, you'll rarely get the girl you like. So when I called today and my girl Lacy wasn't there, I said - just give me whoever. I was a little worried, because I've had some bad eyebrow waxes before. But you just can't beat the convenience. They informed me I'd be with "Bellagio". Hmm. Probably a foreign girl. Wrong. Bellagio is a 6'3" buff African American male with long flowing hair down his back and tattoos up his arms. I was FREAKING OUT. I just hoped he knew what he was doing. My worry increased as his method of waxing wasn't one I had ever experienced. For those who have never had an eyebrow/lip wax, they usually apply the wax to one portion of the brow, and then put their little while fabric on it and rip it off. Not Bellagio. He applied wax to both my eyes and my lip all at the same time. I was convinced it was his first time to wax and thought to myself. "If this is bad, Andy is going to his reunion by himself this weekend". I kept my eyes shut the whole time. When he was finished and handed me the mirror, it wasn't bad at all. Just a normal wax. I was relieved. Then he proceeded to tell me I should go for the exotic look and he showed me what he could do with my eyebrows. He began explaining things like lining up with the jaw and cheek bone line, and symmetry, etc. I just couldn't get the word exotic out of my mind and said - lets do it. I want to look exotic. Then he brought in the little razor blade and told me to hold the mirror and watch if I wanted. He proceeded to shape my eyebrows with precision and form with the razor blade. All I can say is "impressive". This would be yet another lesson is judging a book by its cover. I have a new favorite person at Beauty Brands and his name is "Bellagio".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so remembering Bellagio. LOL I need some exotic...

Gracie's day was completely MADE when Zac was at MDO. She was soooooo excited. LOL

Joanna said...

Girlfriend, you know any man named Bellagio is going to do a fabulous job on your eyebrows. I'll take a gay man over a straight woman any day when it comes to makeovers!

Kelly said...

So does this mean unibrows are not in style?

(Tee hee hee)

Cristina said...

Don't you just love a good wax? How was the reunion? I wish I could have been there. You've been tagged ~ see my blog for details.