Tuesday, November 6, 2007

All in the name of "free" fun

I have this serious problem. I'm addicted to our local library. Now you might ask why that is such a problem. Its because everytime I go in to the library - I owe them anywhere from $3 - $12. - IN FINES. My father in law once told me that I needed to run as far away from the library as I could. That was because I had just had a baby and he took my library books back for me and covered my $24 fine. So last week I cleared my fines and decided to turn over a new leaf. I was going to be a good steward of my money and turn in my books/videos on time. Last week we checked out 6 videos because we hit the jackpot of The Wiggles and The Magic Schoolbus. So today I log onto my account to see what all we need to turn in today. My 6 videos are 1 day late and that totaled a $3 fine. I can't win. I just might have to end this relationship with the library. It would be a terrible break up and I'm going to try everything I can to salvage the relationship, but I just can't pay them anymore of my money. And I think my husband will send me to counseling.

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I feel your pain. We paid $14 in fines on Sunday. That is NOT money well spent. ugh.

BlessedMomX2 said...

Hey~
This isn't a comment about your blog but a question about email. Did you get mine about my blog? I have about 3 different email addy's for you and Have no clue which one is correct so I thought I would email you from here as well...you can find my blog at www.BlessedMomX2.blogspot.com I finally did it!

Cristina said...

You keep me laughing. I've never heard of such an internal struggle with the library but I can appreciate your estate. :) Don't give up!