Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our Sunday

5:45am the alarm goes off, and we hit snooze.

5:50am we have to get up if we want to get to the airport in time to head home.

7:10am Our initial time to leave was 6:30am. Our plane leaves in less than 3 hours. We have a 2 hour drive ahead of us and security at Denver International Airport.

8:50am We pull up to DIA curbside, kiss and hug our goodbyes and stand at curbside check in.

8:51am I realize Rene' is poopy and its on the verge of spilling over on me, Zak has to desperately go to the bathroom.

8:55am The United Airlines employee tells us our bag is 15 pounds over the limit and we need to take something out or go inside and check an additional bag (plastic bag).

8:56am Thank goodness for a husband who loves space saver bags because he just opened up our suitcase, pulled out the tightly vacuumed bag and stuck it in the airline bag. We were off

8:58am We're in our respective bathrooms, THERE IS NO CHANGING TABLE IN THE WOMEN"S BATHROOM. (Yes, I realize all caps means your yelling, because I am.)

8:59am I change Rene' on some random chairs.

9:00am We enter the security line, which is moving, but the line winds so far outside of the designated area, I know we're in for a wild ride.

9:15am Still in the security line

9:20am I start praying

9:39am We're finally out of security and on the little underground train to our terminal. Note: there is only one train working.

9:50am We arrive at gate B47 where there is no one but the lady taking boarding passes

9:52am The 5 of us make our way to the very back of the plane with 120 eyes on us, sweat is dripping down my forehead because I am carrying an 18 pound baby on my chest, Zak's spiderman suitcase is bumping every 5th aisle passenger.

9:55am We are in our seats in Row 20 bound for home with 5 minutes to spare.

I'm too worn out to even relay the events of our arrival. That could be another post in itself.

We had a bittersweet week in Colorado Springs, paying our respects to dear Aunt Sydney and enjoying family.

No comments: