Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh, Now I get it.

I have never met my match in life before. That is until I had Paige. Words can not describe the joy and the tears that girl brings me. She gives these kisses that are so sweet. She screams so loud I really think she's going to break my favorite glass pitcher.

Today, I had a moment. A moment when God imparted on me just a small piece of his very big plan for me. The reason why Paige is my daughter is not for me to hone some great parenting skills in order to write a book later (I thought this earlier). He's building my character. And if there's one thing I've learned about God's refinement - its not always a quick process. I have begged and pleaded for him to quit "refining me" in certain areas of my life. And for some odd reason, I don't think He's taking my advice. So with this one, I'm just going to consent early on. I'm throwing up my hands and saying "God, go ahead, refine me because I know your going to anyway. Whether I put up a fight or not." Plus, I don't know what the heck to do with this daughter you gave me.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you. Let me know when you get the answer! :) Refining is hard but always worth it. I'm there too.