Monday, August 27, 2007

bedtime lullaby?

Bedtime is one of my favorite times of the day. And Paige is all about the lullaby. Its very sweet to hear the voice of a 2 year old singing sweet songs like "Jesus Love Me", "Twinkle, Twinkle, little star", and the like.

Her newest obsession is "The Wiggles". And for some reason the only Wiggles video left at the library was "Merry Christmas Wiggles." So of course we checked it out. So her new bedtime lullaby turned in to Jingle Bells. She will need to know this one in a few months so I'm happy to oblige, for I love ALL things Christmas.

Last night, here's how the lullaby went:
Paige: Jingle Butt, Jingle Butt, Jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open butt, HEY!

That's right, that sweet little voice is now adding the word "butt" to every song she knows. There's also "Papa, Mama, Baby Butt, baby Butt, baby Butt.

I know I need to correct this, but last night I couldn't keep the laughter in, she sang it with such conviction. We'll set a goal of correcting it before December.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha! Kind of like last year when Gracie combined "we wish you a Merry Christmas" with "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner" and it came out "I wish you a merry Christmas weiner, I wish you a Merry Christmas weiner, I wish you a Merry Christmas weiner and a happy new year." And no, I didn't correct it. =) Cause it was freakin' hilarious!