Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The After Christmas Math

Lets talk about it. What happens after Christmas. Because I just need to talk about it. Lets start with the house. Christmas Eve was picture perfect when it comes to the house. It was clean, really clean, and all lit up. I can see it in my mind. And it makes me smile. After Christmas house, I don't want to live in. The toys, boxes, and kitchen stress me to the MAX. Going on day 4 and I still don't feel like picking it all up. Next is the after Christmas body. If I could run, and I can't due to my blasted runner's knee, I would run from post Christmas body. Except since I haven't run in a month, I probably wouldn't be going very fast, or very far, so what does it matter. I took a little class at lunch at work yesterday. Arms and abs. Today, I went for the traditional stretch in my office chair first thing this morning, and I about cried out in pain from the little arms and ab class soreness. All that fudge, chex mix, and pie I ate, I'm thinking were not worth it today. Now this next one, not everyone can identify, but some can. The after Christmas snow. Our little BLIZZARD on Christmas Eve has wreaked havoc on our poor city who is completely ill prepared for an event like this. I actually laugh to myself as I drive on dry pavement, then hit sheer ice, then hit two rows for your tires and a mountain of snow in the middle that high centers your car. Its completely and utterly ridiculous. And we're getting another inch or 2 today. Oh yeah, and last but not least is the post Christmas children. These are the children who are sleep deprived, coming off sugar highs, and bleary eyed from all the Wii playing that Santa brought.

Here's to melting snow, getting back in shape, sugar detox.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I totally and completely hear ya. I cannot wait to put all the Christmas decor away and clean my house with a vengence so that, it will be "my house" again. As for the kids, I'm ready for them to go back to school!