Thursday, December 10, 2009

My morning routine

Its funny how routines just happen. Well, most do. My morning routine has just "happened" and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Its takes some evening prep work. But that's just how I roll. I need to "prep". This morning routine has only been into affect for about 4 weeks. Andy has started a morning workout routine, which I am so very proud of him for. He gets up at 5:45 and heads to the church, which is a mere 3 min away, and works out with 15 other guys doing the P90X workout. Because I have learned the importance of a workout both mentally and physically, I'm happy to pick up the slack. I get up at 6, get myself ready, wake the kids at 645 and get them going on breakfast. I do the girls hair while they eat, and then Andy is usually home at 705, where the car has been warmed up for me and is ready to go. I whisk out the door with kisses to all and start my 20 min commute to work. I then find myself at my south facing cubicle by the window. I am switching departments in January, so my time is limited in my cubicle by the window. I won't have that luxury at my new "home". But until then, I will enjoy every minute of it. Its quiet, the sun is coming up, and I have my cup of home brewed coffee. I log in, check my email, the news page, and a few Runners World blogs. Then its diving into my world of accounting.

I love my morning routine. I love waking my kids up with a kiss. I love that my car is all warmed up when its time to go. I love my husband for being brave enough to tackle the world of kids, schedules, and meals, for a season. And I love my cup of coffee in my quiet cubicle watching the sun rise on another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great....I love a good routine!

Jill

Unknown said...

I love reading about how your home arrangement is working so beautifully, it sounds dumb but it makes my heart feel fuzzy. It really is such a great thing you and Andy have going.

I'm raising my coffee mug of home brew to yours in salute. :)