Sunday, August 24, 2008

Science at its best

I think I've posted on here about our library trips. Although I did have a few months where I didn't have to pay them a dime in fines. But I'm afraid I've made up for it the past 2 weeks. Why I can't seem to get the books/videos back on time is beyond me. Anyway - when I go, I am watching 3 kids while grabbing books off the shelf, flipping through them to see if they are on my kids level, then stuffing them in my bag. Because of this method - I've gotten some doozies. Its so funny to see some authors political agenda in their children's books. And then some, I'm wondering if I should become an author because I'm positive I could have written one more interesting. So tonight during the bedtime reading, I hear Andy and Zak giggling. I guess somehow I had gotten a book on dung beetles. And to a 5 year old - that is some funny stuff. As I kissed him and tucked him in bed, he was begging me to let him tell all his friends and teacher at school tomorrow. I, of course, said "sure". He went to sleep smiling. I have a feeling all of tomorrow's conversations will revolve around the dung beetle.

1 comment:

Amber Elder said...

Crack me up!!!! I love it!!!