Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Part 2 of 2

I'm impressed your back to see my resolutions for '08. Wow, that's a lot of pressure.
  1. I am going to yell less and play more. Due to my inbred task orientedness (yeah, that's not a word), I tend to get slightly bent out of shape when I don't accomplish what I want to in a day. Therefore, I yell out of frustration. My kids are little, and I usually just get blank stares. So this year, I'm going to schedule lots of play into my day so I don't get bent out of shape.
  2. I am going to get back to my prepregnancy weight - before Zak. That was 5 years ago and I was working out nearly everyday. I'm not going to post it. I'm not that confident, but I am going to do it in '08 if it kills me.
  3. I am going to make sure everyone in our immediate families gets a gift/card on their birthday. I'm so bad about missing people's birthdays. And really, there's no good excuse for that. And I know how pleased I would be with a huge chocolate bar from Wal Mart on my birthday.
  4. The Bible Study is not optional, yet I tend to make it that. This year, I'm not going to strive for 30 minutes of quiet time with God. I'm going to strive for a couple of verses in the kitchen while I pour my coffee and make the kids breakfast. Surely I can set my Bible by the toaster and read a couple of verses waiting for the bread to pop. Much more attainable - and it may only be a verse, and I may read it 5 times because I keep losing my place and getting interrupted, but that will spur me into scripture memorization. Its a win win situation.

There you have it. 4 is the max for me. I'm success driven. I wish you all a successful 2008.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed but.....I know, I'm you mother. :)

Cristina said...

I love these!

Tricia said...

you go girl!! Good luck with all that!
And oh ya, Feb 14th....Just so ya don't forget : )
J K