Sunday, September 9, 2007

To Dallas and back in 24 hours

On Friday afternoon at about 4pm I made the spit second decision to whisk away my 3 kids to Dallas for their cousin's 4th birthday party on Saturday. Oh the craziness. But I have to say, it felt good doing something super spontaneous like that. Well, it wasn't completely spontaneous as we were planning to go but Zak threw up that morning so I called the trip off. But by 10 that morning he was back to his old self and well, I just can't pass up a party so off we went. Andy had to work so we hit the road with Damma, Dampa, and Uncle Chris.

The trip was actually non eventful, thanks to a little thing called a portable DVD player and many, many, Wiggles videos. And of course Zak loved the princess birthday party. He did comment that there were too many girls around but he thought they all looked "gorgeous" in their princess dresses. And of course Paige was decked out in hers. It was a great party! It was at Sloan's aunt Debra's house that is in the downtown area of Dallas where big old houses have been redone. That, for me made the trip, getting to see her fabulous house!

We pried ourselves out of bed this morning barely making it to church, but of course I was so glad we had decided to go. Now my house is in complete shambles and I should be doing my Sunday sprint of cleaning, but I'd rather blog. I just hate to start the week out with a messy house.

Well, there's a nice dull "what we did over the weekend"post. I'm sure this week will produce some blog fodder as I've over committed myself, yet again.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Sloan puked this morning...just kidding. Thanks for coming down. It made the party and visit so much more fun!!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy but aren't you SO GLAD you went!!! We did the same thing last weekend--took off Sunday p.m. to Indianapolis to celebrate my nieces' birthdays and to spend Labor Day with family!!! Isn't that what it is all about!!! We weren't looking forward to the trip part (which turned out to be just fine), but we were SO HAPPY we went--I really do love being SO CLOSE to family!!!! Hope you are re-cooping from your trip!
Gretta