Monday, September 10, 2007

Martha, its all about you baby


I got the homemaking gene. I think it is one, because well, everyone doesn't have it. There is also the creative gene, that I do NOT have. My mother got the gardening half of homemaking, but definitely not the cooking half. She passed that one on to me. And tonight, I proudly exercised it. It was a nice cloudy day here, almost fall, if it wasn't for the 80 degree heat and 99% humidity. Anyway, I had this whole chicken I had bought and it absolutely had to be cooked today. And like a proud mom, I've posted my kitchen artwork. If I had a really great digital camera, you could see the specks of fresh basil under the skin. I have never roasted a whole anything and I even stuck my fingers between the skin and bird and rubbed my homemade seasoning. I was tempted to begin my cooking show persona I developed as a small girl making boxed macaroni and cheese for the camera, but I refrained. And the thing I am most proud of is the gravy. I actually made gravy....from the pan drippings.....on the stove. I added some mashed potatoes and green beans and called it good. Paige just ate the green beans and Zak the potatoes, so I'd call it a hit in the toddler world. I can't promise anything more than cereal tomorrow night.
And I hope you've noticed my new blog picture to the right. It expresses my heartfelt feelings about coffee. I heart coffee - get it?

4 comments:

Cristina said...

You are incredible! That picture looks like it's straight from a magazine! Way to go....

Anonymous said...

YUMM-O!!!!
Looks like we know where we will be going for THANKSGIVING!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this weather!!
Gretta

Joanna said...

Oh my! That definitely beats the taco bell we had for lunch and shredded wheat for dinner. I'm feeling inspired...

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That looks so wonderful (and so pretty too!). I love to roast a chicken...it's easier than it looks and it makes your house smell sooooo good. Yesterday the high where I live (just north of Colorado Springs) was 48 degrees...a perfect day to have roast chicken for dinner. Too bad I didn't think of it.