Saturday, October 11, 2008

Zak





Zak,

Every time I look at your face, and see those cute, tiny, freckles, I can't help but smile. You turned 6 this week. (I'm late - sorry). I remember hiding the pregnancy test in the cabinet, and then checking it later to see if that faint pink line, was any brighter. Obviously it was.


You are the kid, who everyone wants to be their friend. You make everyone laugh with your enthusiasm, that is quite contagious. You do everything with 110%, never less. You love Star Wars, puzzles, Scooby Doo, Honey Nut Cheerios, space, and your family. I think its so cute when you tell me you "don't like Paige right now, but you still love her." I see a lot of myself in you, and I wish I could spare you the mistakes I made. But I know you'll learn from them, like I did. Sometimes I just watch you interact with others, whether its on the soccer field, at school, or at church. You make me proud. But it makes me sad, too. I realize more than ever that your growing up. I can't wait to see the man you become. And my prayer every day for you is that you grow to be a man of integrity, character, and substance. And most of all that you make God the single most important thing in your life.


This year, your 6th year of life, I hope your eyes are opened to a few more things that you are good at, that you learn to become a better friend, that you trust God a little more, that you know how much your dad and I love you, and that you make memories that will last you a lifetime.


I love you,

Mom

9 comments:

Tricia said...

Sweet sweet little man he is!! It's an honor to call him "nephew".

Kelly said...

I remember our lunch hour at Chipotle the day before he breathed he took his first breaths of air on this earth.....I remeber sitting in the waiting room with your in laws while everyone was soooo excited to welcome him to their family.....this little man is loved, that's one thing I know for sure.....6 years.....my how the time passes.....

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

Kelly,
I remember that lunch too!!!!!

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

Kelly,
I remember that lunch too!!!!!

Cristina said...

What a cute little guy. I can't believe it has been 6 years already!

Amy said...

He is so sweet! I am proud of him too, he is so loved!

Love Aunt Amy

Carrie Diddle said...

Okay..you made me cry! SO sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, How Sweet! Your post brought tears to my eyes! Six...wow!!!! A lot has happened in six years!
G

Andy said...

Hi, my name is Melissa and I have totally enjoyed reading your blog. I stumbled upon it from tipjunkie---the M&M jar post--and I am definitely going to try that in my home with my 4yr old and soon to be 2yr old. Thanks for the tip! :)