Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life is too short

I've been mulling a few things around in my head lately. I am usually a VERY productive person. I've been driven since I was a little girl. I like my world organized and predictable (for the most part). I feel like when I had my 3rd child, everything went haywire, and I am just now getting back to being the "self" that I know. Sleepless nights, tight budgets, and selfishness have all been a hurdle to what I want to be doing. So now, I'm going to do some things that I've been wanting to do, and just haven't.


  • At least one family activity a weekend, whether it be a movie, a walk, or an outing - somthing where we are all together and have each others undivided attention.

  • Dinner on Thursday nights for friends - whether the house is clean or not! I'm usually cooking anyway, why not double it and have some company.

  • Creative, intentional, educational activities with my kids at least once a week.

  • Date night with my hubby once a week (don't worry family, I'll rotate the babysitters)

What are some things you want to be doing, but aren't?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds like a great plan!! We went to the park today, the four of us and it was great fun! I am all for date night too!!

Cristina said...

Having a baby! LOL

I hope to get back to all those things once this baby gets here and life returns to "normal."