Sunday, December 14, 2008

What will I do with my expectations

Seriously - I should not be blogging.

But I feel so completely disconnected from my family and friends that it is going to be therapeutic.

So - the job is going well. Every day gets better. I even instigated some departmental Christmas decor and the planning of the department Christmas potluck. They hadn't even thought about that. Can you believe it?!

Andy is doing amazingly well in his new role. Although he said he feels like he's on vacation. Friday he officially had a crazy day. Paige was sick and had a Dr's appt and then he noticed Rene's eardrum had erupted. He was slightly freaking out of the phone so I called my wonderful mother to accompany him to the Dr with 2 sick kids. They made it. And it was secretly nice to just go about my business, knowing my kids were going to be well taken care of.

I am mourning the fact that I am not going to get the homemade gifts out to my friends, that I didn't get to host my annual dinner party with my high school girl friends, that my greenery to make a wreath is STILL in my garage on the floor, and that I can't just sit at home and enjoy the Christmas music. But I am very aware of how blessed I am to have a job, and that my husband is loving spending time with his kids.

Life gives you lemons - you make lemonade.

3 comments:

Dorynda said...

so glad to hear you like your job and that you're all adjusting well, even if it is at a slow pace. we still need our little get together again! hope your holidays are blessed!

Tricia said...

I am glad you both are adjusting to your new roles, although I miss talking to you whenever I want to : )

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I've been wondering how you're adjusting...and your husband too. Sounds like it's all good.