Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dinner

So as a part of the switch, I make out the meal plan for the week, which I love to do, by the way. I heart cookbooks. I love to settle down with 4 or 5 of them and just look at the pictures and read the recipes and try to put together a week of interesting food. I even made a great weekly meal spreadsheet. Yes, that's right, I said spreadsheet, and I am not embarrassed. Back to my story. Oh wait - I didn't even start my story yet. Okay. So - all Andy has to do is look on the menu/spreadsheet and see what is for dinner. In the morning, I set out the recipe and pull out any ingredients I don't think he can find (since he still needs the pantry orientation). The other day, all I had on the menu was chicken and a veggie. No recipe. I told him to just use the bottle of Italian dressing and bake it in the oven. This wasn't satisfactory to him, and I just didn't have any other ideas so I told him he was on his own. When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised. He had jumped on Martha's website and found some recipe and had in the oven baked chicken with whole garlic cloves (that we later spread on bread) and roasted asparagus. Now what is funny is that the entire time we contemplated this whole switch places thing - his biggest concern was cooking. I'm slightly annoyed that he just might show me up. But I think I'll just enjoy the nice dinners after a long day of work. And now I will leave you with a picture of Mr. Martha. (that's my apron, not his)

2 comments:

Dorynda said...

isn't it so great when husbands surprise you like that? mine just happens to be a fantastic cook...go figure! we need to do coffee soon!

Kelly said...

You go, Andy!
Me thinks Mr. Mom needs his very own apron.....If I ever get my sewing machine to work again, Amy, I'll send yours and make one for Andy too!
Trust me, it'll be very masculine!
By the way, I think it's extremely noble what both you guys are doing!
You two are good inspiration for the rest of us!