Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Since everyone's asking.....

Okay - so much for my blogging break.

I have to just let everyone know how my first day went. It was a typical first day. Including orientation, tour of the building, lunch with the boss, and lots and lots of information I will not remember.

Here are the things from the corporate world, I had forgotten, and was promptly reminded of. Coworkers with stinky breath, coworkers who think I will be piling their desks with work, therefore telling me they are swamped, coworkers telling me their grievances about other coworkers, and coworkers flaunting their pay grade.

All in all, I think I will like it. I just need to stop comparing it to the best job ever that I had at Focus on the Family.

Andy is finishing out the week at his job and starts at home next week. And I can't wait. I have to say that getting the kids up and ready to go to the babysitters is for the birds. My evening is full of getting ready for the morning. Then my evening is gone. For those who have to do that every singe day, you are my hero as I am a wimp.

And there is the first day in the first chapter of my return to the corporate world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start a blog if Andy does. No, I'm not staying at home, but if it helps!
We can compare notes on Hank and Ravi Zacharais, and.... :)

Tricia said...

Glad you made it thru in one piece : )

Cristina said...

I hope it turns out to be really great too! I bet you missed your kids during the day...and vise versa. Hope your day is good!

Anonymous said...

You hit it on the head, girl! You go! I am excited for you, but wish so badly you were still at the best job ever here at Focus on the Family! I miss you a ton and I am praying that all goes so well with you and the transition. Love you!
Paula

Joanna said...

It's time to start posting again...