Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Structure

So after yesterday, I decided I had to get some structure into our day. So I made a late night trip to WalMart and picked up some misc craft items, bubbles, and projects. Today, we made these

Those are Zak and Paige's chore jars. Each Popsicle stick has a chore on it. When they finish it, they take the stick out of the jar. When the jar is empty, I put some sort of something in there for them. Like a quarter, piece of candy, little toy, etc. Most of the time it will be money. They got to decorate their jars. They were so excited.

Our next project is to make snack boxes. Then they are going to help pick a few snacks for the day and put them in their box. When their snacks are gone, they are done for the day. I can't wait to get that in place because it will minimize me saying "you just had a snack". If they eat them all at one time, they'll learn real quick.

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Great craft ideas! Love it..... Let me know how it works.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

AWESOME!!!

My youngest has a snack system...and it totally works for us. We haven't been super faithful to it this summer, and I think it's because she's learned what she can eat in a day!

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Pure genius, Amy. I might take a page from your book.

Michele said...

What GREAT ideas. I may just have to copy them. I am heading to Wal-mart soon, and I may pick up some of those supplies. This may work especially with my youngest who HATES chores. Thanks for posting your ideas!